Email Me

You can reach me at KatieAshleyRomance at gmail dot com

About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
I am the New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best Selling author of The Proposition, Proposal, Music of the Heart, and Nets and Lies. I am represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel and Goderich for all books except for Proposition and Proposal.
Powered by Blogger.

The Proposition

The Proposition

Followers

Trailer

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Two Teaser Tuesdays from Music of the Soul in the Place of One!

Hey guys!

I know it's been forever since I have blogged. Things have been crazy with the holidays coming upon us and doing my last signing of the year.

Music of the Soul, Jake and Abby's novella, will be releasing on December 30th!

Here's two separate teasers to make up for the fact that it's been awhile!









“Oh shit, it’s after five? I’ve got to go get ready.” She handed her guitar to Gabe before bridging the gap between us. Glancing back at her brothers, she then asked in a low voice, “Did you get your errand done?”

“Yes, I did.”

She reached up on her tip-toes to plant a tender kiss on my lips. “I wish you would have let me go with you.”

I shrugged. “Just something I needed to do. Besides, you had enough to do here.”

Abby rolled her eyes. “Oh please. Between the wedding coordinator, the caterers and my mother, everything is taken care of. I seriously got shooed out of the kitchen when I tried to help. That’s why I got the boys together to rehearse.” A shudder rippled through her. “Too much nervous energy.”

As she started into the house, I couldn’t help asking, “Having cold feet?”

She skidded to a stop before whirling back around to wrap her arms around my neck. “Never, ever, Mr. Slater. You’re getting me as your lawfully wedded wife whether you like it or not.”

I grinned. “Oh, I like it. In fact, I fucking love it.”

“Good. I’m glad to hear that.” She kissed me again before pushing out of my arms. “Okay, I gotta go get presentable for this pre-wedding shindig of ours.” She eyed my ratty jeans and T-shirt. “I’d say the same for you, too.”

“You’re such a bossy thing.”

With a wink, she replied, “Get used to it, babe.”

A warm rush filled my chest as she started into the house. I didn’t care if she bossed me around for the next fifty years just as long as she was in my life. I’d never imagined loving anyone as much as I did Abby. Without flinching, she had reached into the very darkest places of my soul to bring me back to the light. She’d shown me what the true, unfailing love of a good woman was. I would be forever in her debt.

Close on her heels, the urge to show her just how much I loved and wanted her overcame me. My dick instantly swelled at the idea of being inside her. Just as she rounded the corner to go into the master bedroom, I grabbed her wrist, jerking her back to me. My other hand came around to press her body flush against mine. When I ground myself into her core, her eyes bulged. “Jake, what are you—” she questioned breathlessly before I crushed my lips to hers. My tongue danced along hers as I wrapped my arms tighter around her. Her little moan caused me to shiver.

When she felt my half-mast hard-on pressing into her stomach, she jerked away. “No, no, no!” she hissed. Her blonde ponytail flipped wildly back and forth as she shook her head at me. “We’re abstaining until our wedding night, remember?”

I groaned. “You’re the one who made that decision, not me.”

“You agreed to it,” she countered.

“Yeah, that was a week and a half ago when I was coming off of an all-day sexathon with you. I didn’t realize what I was agreeing to.”

Abby rolled her eyes. “It’s only twenty-four more hours, Jake.”

Reaching over, I nuzzled my lips against her neck. I wasn’t playing fair since I knew it was one of her sensitive zones. A little sigh escaped her mouth when I ran my tongue across her jawline to suck on her earlobe.  “I could explode by then.”

“I just want our first time as man and wife to be special, that’s all.”

I pulled away to arch my brows at her. “Do you really think tomorrow night is going to be the most amazing sexual experience of your married life?”

She jerked her chin defiantly up at me. “Maybe,” she countered.

My amused chuckle almost seemed to piss her off more. “Angel, we’re going to be exhausted from tonight’s party, jetlag, and the ceremony and reception. Bray and Lily didn’t even have sex on their wedding night—they passed out into an exhausted coma.” Taking her face in my hands, I grinned down at her. “By the flush on your cheeks and the way you just moaned into my mouth when I was kissing you, I can tell you really want to take me in that bedroom and have a quickie.”

Abby chewed on her bottom lip, and I could tell her resolve was slowly fading. “It’ll have to be fast. Everyone is supposed to be here at six.”

“We can shower together—you know, multitask.”

She grinned. “Oh, you say the most romantic things. Think you can whisper more sweet words in my ear?” she teased.

“Yeah, how about this? You’re such a sweet looking smartass,” I said before bringing my lips back to hers. 
Her eager tongue thrust into my mouth as she tightened her arms around my neck. Grabbing Abby by the ass, I hoisted her up to wrap her legs around my waist. We both moaned at the closeness. With my lips locked on Abby’s, I balanced her under the ass with one hand while my other groped blindly for the doorknob. When I finally found it, I flung it open and staggered into the room.

“Shit!” came a voice from the bed.

When my eyes flew open, I was a goner. One glance was all it took to kill my wood. On the bed, Mia scrambled to close the front of her shirt with one hand while she held Bella in her other arm. She pivoted on the bed to where her back was to us.

“Jesus,” I groaned as I glanced down at my crotch. Just that one glimpse of AJ’s breastfeeding fiancĂ©e was enough to completely obliterate my junk. My dick shriveled even further when Bella began shrieking and howling in protest that her meal had been interrupted.

Mia gave us an apologetic look over her shoulder. “I’m so sorry, guys. With all the catering staff and people buzzing around, I thought this would be the best place to feed her before we got dressed for the party. I should have gone in the bathroom.”

“Oh, don’t apologize, Mia,” Abby said.

When I didn’t respond, Abby elbowed me in the ribs. “Oomph,” escaped my lips before I could stop myself. “Yeah, uh, it’s fine,” I replied. Gently, I set Abby down on her feet. I jerked my chin towards the bathroom. “You go on and get a shower. I’ll use the one off the guest bedroom.”

“You don’t want me to come with you?” Abby asked coyly.


I scratched the back of my neck furiously. Part of me really wanted to shower with her, so we might finish what we started. But the other was so traumatized that I knew there would be no way I’d be ready. “Um, no. I better take a rain check.”



Teaser Two(from later that evening)

“So I guess this is goodnight, huh?”

I nodded. “Yep, the last night we’ll ever spend as single people.”

Cocking his head, Jake asked, “Remind me again why I didn’t have a swinging bachelor party?”

I smacked his arm playfully. “Because you’re marrying an insecure, overbearing shrew who couldn’t stand the thought of some fake breasted, plastic Barbie giving you a lap dance?”

A wicked gleam burned in Jake’s blue eyes. “Actually, I think it was more that I was a caveman who didn’t want some oiled dude in a banana hammock dry humping you.”

“Ew!” I cried while wrinkling my nose.

“I’m sure that with some hot, cute little number like yourself, all the Magic Mike douchebags would have wanted to rub up on you.”

“I would have happily declined since I’m very happy having you, and only you, rub up on me.”

Jake’s amused expression grew serious as he traced my cheekbone with his thumb. “Are you sure?”

My eyes widened. “Excuse me? Considering we’re getting married tomorrow I think that shows I’m pretty damn sure.”

“No, I mean, are you sure you’re okay with me being the only man you’ve ever slept with.” His brows furrowed in thought. “I mean, do you think you’ll look back one day and wish you’d had more experience?”

I shook my head furiously from side to side. “Never, ever.” Sliding my arms around his neck, I smiled. “I can’t ever imagine anyone being a better lover than you.”

“And since you have no one else to judge that by, I don’t—”

Bringing my hand to his chest, I silenced him. “Don’t go there, Jake. I know what I’ve felt with you, and I don’t want anyone else. I’m fully satisfied that you will be the only man I sleep with for the rest of my life.”

Although I wasn’t entirely sure he believed me, a pleased smile curved on his lips. “I’m satisfied that you’re the last woman I’ll ever sleep with for the rest of my life.”

“I sure hope so.”


“Give me a goodnight kiss, future ball and chain,” he teased. 

0 comments: