- Katie Ashley
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- I am the New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best Selling author of The Proposition, Proposal, Music of the Heart, and Nets and Lies. I am represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel and Goderich for all books except for Proposition and Proposal.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► 2013 (43)
- Blog Tour Stop for Emily Snow's Devoured
- I'm a NYT BEST-SELLER PLUS a PROPOSAL TEASE
- Excerpt from ROCK THE HEART and win an ebook!
- SMEXY SATURDAY & Rock the Heart Winners
- Holy Testicle Tuesday: A long Teaser from The Prop...
- Overly Verbose Allegedly 7 Sentence Sunday Snip!!
- Smexy Saturday Post & Contest to Win Rock the Hear...
- Interview with author JB McGee, Author of Broken
- THANK YOU THURSDAY = The Proposition for $1.99 & S...
- Teaser Tuesday from THE PROPOSAL!!!
- And On The 7th Day there was a 7 Sentence Snip!
- Contest Winner & Interview with Aidan & Emma on Sa...
- HOLY COW WHAT A DAY!! ANOTHER CONTEST & RELEASE DA...
- ▼ November (13)
Saturday, November 24, 2012
he Proposition made #27 on The New York Times Best-Seller's List.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, to all my readers, the bloggers, my fans, my writer besties, and anyone who gave The Proposition a chance!!
Thanks also to my new agent, Steve Ross, of Abrams Artists Agency, who I hope will share in the further success of The Proposition!!
Thanks most of all go to God. I am a person of immense faith, but it has been tried and tested at every turn this year with tremendous loss and sorrow, health issues, and disappointments in the writing business. There were times I wasn't sure I would make it through this year, and I'll be honest that there were also times I was in so much emotional pain, I didn't want to. So to have the end of 2012 become so amazing is a true gift, and I know where my blessings come from!!
I wasn't going to have a teaser from The Proposal this week. BUT to share in my excitement, here is one to celebrate with!! I know most of you want to see Aidan suffering, and he has been. I promise. He's just finally been given an opportunity to see Emma after she's been shunning him.
*roughest of drafts and subject to change*
She turned and stalked away. “Em, wait!” When she didn't stop, he blurted, “Fine, you want even more grand gestures? Here’s another one.” He sank down onto his knees on her walkway.
When Emma whirled around, her eyes grew wide. “What are you doing?”
He gazed around them. “What the hell does it look like I’m doing? I’m on my knees--totally and completely begging you to forgive me.”
“Get up!” she hissed when a couple walking their dog paused to stare at them.
“Not until you forgive me.”
She growled in frustration. “Quit being dramatic.”
He shrugged. “Fine, call me a Drama Queen. Call me any fucking name in the book! Just get all the anger and hate out of your system, so you can work on forgiving me.” He opened his arms wide. “I said it on cards, in text messages and voicemails, and even in that fruity book of poetry I sent you. But now I’m going to say it to your face in case it’s the only other chance I have.”
Suddenly in the moment Aidan didn’t feel so sure of himself anymore. Feeling shaky, he drew in a ragged breath. “I am sorry, Emma. I’m so sorry for breaking your heart. I’m sorry for being an utter prick and being scared of my feelings for you. Most of all, I’m sorry for screwing up the perfect life we had by pushing you away and cheating on you.”
Emma’s face flushed crimson as the woman on the sidewalk gasped. Aidan turned to her. “Yeah, that’s right. I’m one of the countless assholes who break women’s hearts. I couldn’t tell Emma I loved her, and I almost screwed another woman to try to push her away.” He smacked his palms hard against his chest. “But from the depths of my heart and soul, I’m so, so sorry!”
“Jesus man, have you lost all your pride?” the man questioned, which caused his wife to punch him in the arm.
Aidan chuckled. “Yeah, I have. Because I’m willing to do whatever it takes to win her back,” he replied, pointing to Emma.
When Emma strode over to him with a determined look, Aidan felt his hope rising. It quickly faded as she grabbed him by the hair and yanked his head up. “Get off my front walk this minute, or I’m going to call the cops!” She shook her head maniacally. “I can’t believe you just embarrassed me in front of my neighbors like that!”